What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a regulated health care profession trained at evaluating, restoring and maintaining physical function. It is a distinct form of care which can be performed both in isolation or in conjunction with other types of medical management.
Physiotherapy can be useful in the diagnosis and management of a wide variety of injuries, disease processes, and other conditions.
How can Physiotherapy Help Me?
Physiotherapy can help individuals by:
-Identifying the problem area and treating this directly.
Physiotherapists are effective at treating injuries and physical limitations using many variety of techniques. In many cases, the causes of pain and dysfunction are obvious, but sometimes things are not so evident, especially when symptoms are inconsistent or difficult to describe. Physiotherapists can perform a wide range of tests to help locate the source of the problem and implement the appropriate treatment strategy.
- Identifying the Causes and Predisposing Factors.
Physiotherapists are not only interested in the symptoms, but also the factors which contribute to the problem. Identifying factors such as poor posture, improper movement, muscle imbalances, poor work practices, or other bad habits allow interventions to be made more effective helping you recover quicker. This will reduce the risk of the same thing happening again in the future.
- Determine Solutions:
Our physiotherapists use a wide array of treatment techniques and approaches to help you move better or reduce the pain and stiffness you may be experiencing. These treatments include amongst others:
- Manual (‘Hands On’) Therapy
- Exercise Therapy
- Physical/Electro-Therapeutic Agents (e.g. laser, magnetic bio-stimulation, ultrasound, electric current, laser, heat, ice, paraffin wax etc)
- Ergonomic Education/Advice
- Taping Techniques (including Kinesio-taping, postural and sports specific taping)
- Medical Acupuncture
- Education On Your Condition
- Custom Orthotics
- IMS (Intra Muscular Stimulation)
- Pre- and Post-Surgical Physiotherapy
Our Physiotherapist are successful in treating:
Got a question? Like to book an appointment? Contact us now and we'll get back to you immediately.
Follow Us On
- Canadian Academy of Manipulative Therapy (CAMPT)
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- College Of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Ontario Massage Therapist Association
- Ontario Physiotherapy Association
- Orthopaedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
1450 Clark Ave W, Unit 22,
Vaughan, ON L4J 7R5,
To make an appointment:
email us at Info@physioactive.ca
- Based in Thornhill, Physioactive proudly provides services to the people of Vaughan, Concord and Maple